64.J. Liu, J. Liao, K. Huang, J. Dong, G. He, Z. Gong, H. Fei. A General Strategy to Remove Metal Aggregates toward Metal-Nitrogen-Carbon Catalysts with Exclusive Atomic Dispersion. Advanced Materials. doi.org/10.1002/adma.202211398
63.M. Yan, Z. Wei, Z. Gong, B. Johannessen, G. Ye, G. He, J. Liu, S. Zhao, C. Cui & H. Fei. Sb2S3-templated synthesis of sulfur-doped Sb-N-C with hierarchical architecture and high metal loading for H2O2 electrosynthesis. Nature Communications. 2023, 14, 368.
62.J. Liu, Z. Wei, Z. Gong, M. Yan, Y. Hu, S. Zhao, G. Ye, H. Fei. Single-atom CoN4 sites with elongated bonding induced by phosphorus doping for efficient H2O2 electrosynthesis. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. 324 (2023) 122267.
61.R. Liu, Z. Gong, M. Yan, G. Ye, H. Fei. Aligned porous carbon film with ultralow loadings of Pt single atoms and clusters for high-current-density hydrogen generation. Nano Research. 2023, 16, 256.
60.J. Zhong, T. Wang, L. Wang, L. Peng, S. Fu, M. Zhang, J. Cao, X. Xu, J. Liang, H. Fei, Xi. Duan, B. lu, Y. Wang, J. Zhu. X. Duan. A Silicon Monoxide Lithium-Ion Battery Anode with Ultrahigh Areal Capacity. Nano-Micro Letters. 2022, 14, 50.
59. M. Ma, X. Cheng, Z. Shi, C. Zhang, Y. Li, Y. Yang, C. Gong, Z. Zhang, H. Fei, C. Zhu, Y. He, E. Xie. Role of N in Transition‐Metal‐Nitrides for Anchoring Platinum‐Group Metal Atoms toward Single‐Atom Catalysis. Small Methods. 2022, 2200295.
58.J. Wu, G. He, H. Fei. Self-supported Film Electrodes Decorated with Single Atoms for Energy Electrocatalysis. Chemical Journal of Chinese Universities. 2022, 43, 20220051.
57.J. Liu, H. Gong, G. Ye, H. Fei. Graphene oxide-derived single-atom catalysts for electrochemical energy conversion. Rare Metals. 2022, 41, 1703.
56.G. He, M. Yan, H. Gong, H. Fei, S. Wang. Ultrafast synthetic strategies under extreme heating conditions toward single-atom catalysts. International Journal of Extreme Manufacturing. 2022, 4, 032003.
55.K. Huang, Z. Wei, J. Liu, Z. Gong, J. Liu, M. Yan, G. He, H. Gong, Y. Hu, Y. He, S. Zhao, G. Ye, H. Fei. Engineering the Morphology and Microenvironment of a Graphene-Supported Co-N-C Single-Atom Electrocatalyst for Enhanced Hydrogen Evolution. Small. 2022, 2201139.2022
54.L. Xing, R. Liu, Z. Gong, J. Liu, J. Liu, H. Gong, K. Huang, H. Fei. Ultrafast Joule heating synthesis of hierarchically porous graphene-based Co-N-C single-atom monoliths. Nano Research. 2022, 15, 3913.
53. J. Liu, Z. Gong, M. Yan, G. He, H. Gong, G. Ye, H. Fei. Electronic Structure Regulation of Single-Atom Catalysts for Electrochemical Oxygen Reduction to H2O2. Small. 2021, 2103824.
52. J. Liu, Z. Gong, C. Allen, W. Ge, H. Gong, J. Liao, J. Liu, Kang H. M. Yan, R. Liu, G. He, J. Dong, G. Ye, H. Fei. Edge-Hosted Fe-N3 Sites on a Multiscale Porous Carbon Framework Combining High Intrinsic Activity with Efficient Mass Transport for Oxygen Reduction. Chem Catalysis. 2021, 1, 1.
51. J. Liu, D. Wang, K. Huang, J. Dong, J. Liao, S. Dai, X. Tang, M. Yan, H. Gong, J. Liu, Z. Gong, R. Liu, C. Cui, G. Ye, X. Zou, H. Fei. Iodine-Doping-Induced Electronic Structure Tuning of Atomic Cobalt for Enhanced Hydrogen Evolution Electrocatalysis. ACS Nano. 2021, 15, 18125.
50. H. Gong, Z. Wei, Z. Gong, J. Liu, G. Ye, M. Yan, J. Dong, C. Allen, J. Liu, K. Huang, R. Liu, G. He, S. Zhao, H. Fei. Low-Coordinated Co-N-C on Oxygenated Graphene for Efficient Electrocatalytic H2O2 Production. Advanced Functional Materials. 2021, 2106886.
49. Z. Gong, R. Liu, H. Gong, G. Ye, J. Liu, J. Dong, J. Liao, M. Yan, J. Liu, K. Huang, L. Xing, J. Liang, Y. He, H. Fei. Constructing a Graphene-Encapsulated Amorphous/Crystalline Heterophase NiFe Alloy by Microwave Thermal Shock for Boosting the Oxygen Evolution Reaction. ACS Catalysis. 2021, 11, 12284.
48. R. Liu, Z. Gong, J. Liu, J. Dong, J. Liao, H. Liu, H. Huang, J. Liu, M. Yan, K. Huang, H. Gong, J. Zhu, C. Cui, G. Ye, H. Fei. Design of Aligned Porous Carbon Films with Single-Atom Co-N-C Sites for High-Current-Density Hydrogen Generation. Advanced Materials. 2021, 2103533.
47. Y. Wang, Z. Zhao, J. Zhong, T. Wang, L. Wang, H. Xu, J. Cao, J. Li, G. Zhang, H. Fei, J. Zhu. Hierarchically Micro/Nanostructured Current Collectors Induced by Ultrafast Femtosecond Laser Strategy for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Energy & Environmental Materials. 2021, 0,1.
46. G. Xiang, S. Zhao, C. Wei, C. Liu, H. Fei, Z. Liu, S. Yin. Atomically Dispersed Au Catalysts for Preferential Oxidation of CO in H2-Rich Stream. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. 2021, 296, 120385.
45. L. Wang, T. Wang, L. Peng, Y. Wang, M. Zhang, J. Zhou, M. Chen, J. Cao, H. Fei, X. Duan, J. Zhu, X. Duan. The Promises, Challenges and Pathways to Room-Temperature Sodium-Sulfur Batteries. National Science Review. 2021, https://doi.org/10.1093/nsr/nwab050.
44. M. Zhang, J. Zhong, W. Kong, L. Wang, T. Wang, H. Fei, H. Luo, J. Zhu, J. Hu, B. Lu. A High Capacity and Working Voltage Potassium-Based Dual Ion Batteries. Energy & Environmental Materials. 2021, 4, 413.
43. H. Xu, L. Wang, J. Zhong, T. Wang, J. Cao, Y. Wang, X. Li, H. Fei, J. Zhu, X. Duan. Ultra‐Stable and High‐Rate Lithium Ion Batteries Based on Metal–Organic Framework‐Derived In2O3 Nanocrystals/Hierarchically Porous Nitrogen‐doped Carbon Anode. Energy & Environmental Materials. 2020, 3, 177.
42. H. Fei, Y. Huang, X. Duan, et al. Single Atom Electrocatalysts Supported on Graphene or Graphene-like Carbons. Chemical Society Reviews. 2019, 48, 5207.
41. H. Fei, X. Duan. Nitrogen Doped Graphdiyne Enhances Oxygen Reduction Reactions. Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica. 2019, 35, 559.
40. M. Zhang, M. Shoaib, H. Fei, T. Wang, J. Zhong, L. Fan, L. Wang, H. Luo, S. Tan, Y. Wang, J. Zhu, J. Hu, B. Lu. Hierarchically Porous N‐Doped Carbon Fibers as a Free‐Standing Anode for High‐Capacity Potassium‐Based Dual‐Ion Battery. Advanced Energy Materials. 2019, 9, 1901663
39. M. Li, K. Duanmu, C. Wan, T. C., L. Zhang, S. Dai, W. Chen, Z. Zhao, P. Li, H. Fei, Y. Zhu, R. Yu, J. Luo, K. Zang, Z. Lin, M. Ding, J. Huang, H. Sun, J. Guo, X. Pan, W. A Goddard, P. Sautet, Y. Huang, X. Duan. Single-Atom Tailoring of Platinum Nanocatalysts for High-Performance Multifunctional Electrocatalysis. Nature Catalysis. 2019, 2, 495.
38. T. Wang, J. Zhu, Z. Wei, H. Yang, Z. Ma, R. Ma, J. Zhou, Y. Yang, L. Peng, H. Fei, B. Lu, X. Duan. Bacteria-Derived Biological Carbon Building Robust Li-S Batteries. Nano Letters. 2019, 19, 4384.
37. X. Xu, Q. Zhang, M. Hao, Y. Hu, Z. Lin, L. Peng, T. Wang, X. Ren, C. Wang, Z. Zhao, C. Wan, H. Fei, L. Wang, J. Zhu, H. Sun, W. Chen, T. Du, B. Deng, G. J Cheng, I. Shakir, C. Dames, T. S Fisher, X. Zhang, H. Li, Y. Huang, X. Duan. Double-Negative-Index Ceramic Aerogels for Thermal Superinsulation. Science. 2019, 363, 723.
36. C. Choi, T. Cheng, M. F. Espinosa, H. Fei, X. Duan, W. A Goddard III, Y. Huang. A Highly Active Star Decahedron Cu Nanocatalyst for Hydrocarbon Production at Low Overpotentials. Advanced Materials. 2019, 31, 1805405.
35. H. Fei, J. Dong, X. Feng, C. Allen, C. Wan, B. Volosskiy, M. Li, Z. Zhao, Y. Wang, H. Sun, P. An, Z. Guo, C. Lee, I. Shakir, Y. Li, A. Kirkland, X. Duan. General Synthesis and Definitive Structural Identification of MN4C4 Single Atom Catalysts with Tunable Electrocatalytic Activities. Nature Catalysis. 2018, 1, 63.
34. H. Fei, J. Dong, X. Duan. Microwave-Assisted Rapid Synthesis of Graphene-Supported Single Atomic Metals. Advanced Materials. 2018, 30, 1802146.
33. H. Sun, L. Mei, J. Liang, Z. Zhao, C. Lee, H. Fei, M. Ding, J. Lau, M. Li, C. Wang, X. Xu, G. Hao, B. Papandrea, I. Shakir,B. Dunn, Y. Huang, and X. Duan. Three-Dimensional Holey-Graphene/Niobia Composite Architectures for Ultrahigh-Rate Energy Storage. Science. 2017, 356, 599.
32. C. Zhang, J. Shao, H. Fei, M. Liu, S. Yazdi, J. Zhang, Q. Zhong, X. Zou, N. Zhao, H. Yu, Z. Jiang, E. Ringe, B. I. Yakobson, J. Dong, D. Chen, J. M. Tour. Single-Atomic Ruthenium Catalytic Sites on Nitrogen-Doped Graphene for Oxygen Reduction Reaction in Acidic Medium. ACS Nano. 2017, 11, 6930.
31. J. Zhang, C. Zhang, J. Sha, H. Fei, Y. Li, J. M. Tour. Efficient Water-Splitting Electrodes Based on Laser-Induced Graphene. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2017, 9, 26840.
30. C. Gao, N. Kim, R. Salvatierra, L. Li, Y. Li, H. Fei, J. M. Tour. Germanium on Seamless Graphene Carbon Nanotube Hybrids for Lithium Ion Anodes. Carbon. 2017, 123, 433.
29. L. Li, Z. Peng, J. Zhang, Y. Li, Y. Ji, C. Gao, Q. Zhong, Y. Yang, H. Fei, G. Ruan, J. M. Tour. High-Performance Pseudocapacitive Microsupercapacitors from Laser-Induced Graphene. Advanced Materials. 2016, 28, 838. (Highly Cited Paper)
28. Y. Ji, Y. Yang, S. Lee, G. Ruan, T. Kim, H. Fei, S. Lee, D. Kim, J. Yoon, J. M. Tour. Flexible Nanoporous WO3-x Nonvolatile Memory Device. ACS Nano. 2016, 10, 7598.
27. B. Volosskiy, H. Fei, Z. Zhao, X. Duan. Tuning the Catalytic Activity of a Metal-Organic Framework Derived Copper and Nitrogen Co-Doped Carbon Composite for Oxygen Reduction Reaction. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2016, 8, 26769.
26. Y. Li, G. Ruan, A. S. Jalilov, Y. R. Tarkunde, H. Fei, J. M. Tour. Biochar as a Renewable Source for High-Performance CO2 Sorbent. Carbon. 2016, 107, 344.
25. L. Li, C. Gao, A. Kovalchuk, Z. Peng, G. Ruan, Y. Yang, H. Fei, Q. Zhong, Y. Li, J. M. Tour. Sandwich Structured Graphene-Wrapped FeS-Graphene Nanoribbons with Improved Cycling Stability for Lithium Ion Batteries. Nano Research. 2016, 9, 2904.
24. L. Li, Q. Zhong, G. Ruan, Y. Yang, C. Gao, H. Fei, Y. Li, Y. Ji, J. M. Tour. Nitrogen-Doped Carbonized Cotton for Highly Flexible Supercapacitors. Carbon. 2016, 105, 260.
23. H. Fei, J. Dong, M. J. Arellano-Jiménez, G. Ye, N. D. Kim, E. L. G. Samuel, Z. Peng, Z. Zhu, F. Qin, J. Bao, M. J. Yacaman, P. M. Ajayan, D. Chen, J. M. Tour. Atomic Cobalt on Nitrogen-Doped Graphene for Hydrogen Generation. Nature Communications. 2015, 6, 8668.
22. Y. Yang#, H. Fei#, G Ruan, J. M. Tour. Porous Co-Based Thin-Film as a Bifunctional Catalyst for Hydrogen Generation and Oxygen Generation. Advanced
Materials. 2015, 27, 3175.
21. Y. Gong#, H. Fei#, X. Zou#, W. Zhou, S. Yang, G. Ye, Z. Liu, Z. Peng, J. Lou, R. Vajtai, B. I. Yakobson, J. M. Tour, P. M. Ajayan. Boron- and Nitrogen-Substituted Graphene Nanoribbons as Efficient Catalysts for Oxygen Reduction Reaction. Chemistry of Materials. 2015, 27, 1181.
20. H. Fei, Y. Yang, X. Fan, G. Wang, G. Ruan, J. M. Tour. Tungsten-Based Porous Thin-Films for Electrocatalytic Hydrogen Generation. Journal of Materials Chemistry A. 2015, 3, 5798.
19. H. Fei, Y. Yang, Z. Peng, G. Ruan, Q. Zhong, L. Li, E. L. G. Samuel, J. M. Tour. Cobalt Nanoparticles Embedded in Nitrogen-Doped Carbon for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2015, 7, 8083.
18. Y. Yang, H. Fei, G. Ruan, J. M. Tour. Vertically Aligned WS2 Nanosheets for Water Splitting. Advanced Functional Materials. 2015, 25, 6199.
17. L. Li, A. Kovalchuk, H. Fei, Z. Peng, Y. Li, N. D. Kim, C. Xiang, Y. Yang, G. Ruan, J. M. Tour. Enhanced Cycling Stability of Lithium Ion Batteries Using Graphene-Wrapped Fe3O4-Graphene Nanoribbons as Anode Materials. Advanced Energy Materials. 2015, 5, 1500171.
16. Z. Y. Alireza, H. Fei, R. Ye, G. Wang, J. M. Tour. Boron/Nitrogen Co-Doped Helically Unzipped Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes as Efficient Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Reduction. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2015, 7, 7786.
15. Y. Yang, H. Fei, G. Ruan, L. Li, G. Wang, N. D. Kim, J. M. Tour. Carbon-Free Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Reduction and Oxygen Evolution Reactions. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2015, 7, 20607.
14. H. Huang, G. Ye, S. Yang, H. Fei, C. S. Tiwary, Y. Gong, R. Vajtai, J. M. Tour, X. Wang, P. M. Ajayan. Nanosized Pt Anchored onto 3D Nitrogen-Doped Graphene Nanoribbons towards Efficient Methanol Electrooxidation. Journal of Materials Chemistry A. 2015, 3, 19696.
13. S. Jalilov, G. Ruan, C. Hwang, D. E. Schipper, J. J. Tour, Y. Li, H. Fei, E. L. G. Samuel, J. M. Tour. Asphalt-Derived High Surface Area Activated Porous Carbons for Carbon Dioxide Capture. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2015, 7, 1376.
12. Gao, L. Li, A. Kovalchuk, G. Ruan, Z, Peng, Q. Zhong, H. Fei, Y. He, N. D. Kim, Q. Zhong, E. Xie, J. M. Tour. Tin Disulfide Nanoplates on Graphene Nanoribbons for Full Lithium Ion Batteries. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2015, 7, 26549.
11. H. Fei, Z. Peng, L. Li, Y. Yang, W. Lu, E. L. G. Samuel, X. Fan, J. M. Tour. Preparation of Carbon-Coated Iron Oxide Nanoparticles Dispersed on Graphene Sheets and Applications as Advanced Anod Materials for Lithium-Ion Batteries. Nano Research. 2014, 7, 1.
10. Y. Yang, L. Li, G. Ruan, H. Fei, C. Xiang, X. Fan, J. M. Tour. Hydrothermally Formed Three-Dimensional Nanoporous Ni(OH)2 Thin-Film Supercapacitors. ACS Nano. 2014, 8, 9622.
9. Y. Yang, Z. Peng, G. Wang, G. Ruan, X. Fan, L. Li, H. Fei, R. H. Hauge, J. M. Tour. Three-Dimensional Thin Film for Lithium-Ion Batteries and Supercapacitors. ACS Nano. 2014, 8, 7279.
7. H. Fei, R. Ye, G. Ye, Y. Gong, Z. Peng, X. Fan, E. L. G. Samuel, P. M. Ajayan, J. M. Tour. Boron- and Nitrogen-Doped Graphene Quantum Dots/Graphene Hybrid Nanoplatelets as Efficient Electrocatalysts for Oxygen Reduction. ACS Nano. 2014, 8, 10837.
6. Y. Yang#, H. Fei#, G. Ruan, C. Xiang, J. M. Tour. Efficient Electrocatalytic Oxygen Evolution on Amorphous Nickel–Cobalt Binary Oxide Nanoporous Layers. ACS Nano. 2014, 8, 9518.
5. Y. Yang#, H. Fei#, G. Ruan, C. Xiang, J. M. Tour. Edge-Oriented MoS2 Nanoporous Films as Flexible Electrodes for Hydrogen Evolution Reactions and Supercapacitor Devices. Advanced Materials. 2014, 26, 8163.
4. H. Fei, Z. Peng, Y. Yang, L. Li, A. R. Raji, E. L. G. Samuel, J. M. Tour. LiFePO4 Nanoparticles Encapsulated in Graphene Nanoshells for High-Performance
Lithium-Ion Battery Cathodes. Chemical Communications. 2014, 50, 7117.
3. Y. Yang, L. Li, H. Fei, Z. Peng, G. Ruan, J. M. Tour. Graphene Nanoribbon/V2O5 Cathodes in Lithium-Ion Batteries. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2014, 6, 9590.
2. L. Li, G. Ruan, Z. Peng, Y. Yang, H. Fei, A. R. O. Raji, E. L. G. Samuel, J. M. Tour. Enhanced Cycling Stability of Lithium Sulfur Batteries Using Sulfur–Polyaniline–Graphene Nanoribbon Composite Cathodes. ACS Applie Materials and Interfaces. 2014, 6, 15033.
1. L. Li, A. R. O. Raji, H. Fei, Y. Yang, E. L. G. Samuel, J. M. Tour. Nanocomposite of Polyaniline Nanorods Grown on Graphene Nanoribbons for Highly Capacitive Pseudocapacitors. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 2013, 5, 6622.